File icons all changed

etherington 09:02 26 Oct 08

Hi,
My XP SP2 system just started to show all file icons with a little green circle attached to the bottom right of each with a tick in it. A few have a small red box with an exclamation mark in rather than the tick.

I put an example at: click here

It seems that something I installed recently is trying to tell me something about all my files but I'm not sure which app is doing it, or why.

It seemed to coincide with installing Dreamweaver but I can't see it being related to that. It may be an update to AVG or CC or Cleanup or Windows Defender, all of which are installed.

Any ideas?
ta
Mike

birdface 09:21 26 Oct 08

Sort of tick that you Normally get with McAfee Site Advisor,But I have never seen it on icons.

etherington 09:35 26 Oct 08

I don't use McAfee, have Symantec installed. I did put Secunia PSI on, I thoguth AFTER this happened but I'm gonna remove it and see if it's the culprit.

Halmer 09:37 26 Oct 08

a BT digital vault by any chance?

etherington 09:39 26 Oct 08

nope

Halmer 09:48 26 Oct 08

?

etherington 09:50 26 Oct 08

ah - it turns out that Mozy just added this feature by stealth. IF anyone else gets this and wants to disable it:

1. Double click on the Mozy icon in the lower right-hand corner of your screen, near the system clock
2. Click on “Configure”- it may take a few moments for the configuration window to appear.
3. On the “Options” tab inside the configuration window, check the box that says “Disable icon overlays in Windows Explorer”
4. Click “Save” (you can then close the remaining Mozy status window)

Problem solved!

etherington 09:54 26 Oct 08

Yep - that was it. A stealth Mozy feature!! Thanks for the help. Problem solved.

Now I know what it means, need to decide if I want to know every file that's been backed up or not.

Cheers
Mike

Halmer 09:56 26 Oct 08

done!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now