File i cant delete... HELP PLEASE

Daveson 23:15 16 May 04

Hi there, i have a file called Bargain Buddy. I have tried to uninstall it in add remove progs but no joy, it just freezes. I went in to safe mode, and then into the DOS command and removed all of its attributes, but still it says Access Denied. Is there another way to get rid of this file as it is junk.

Cheers.

romanab 23:18 16 May 04

Download, update and run click here click here

tasslehoff burrfoot 23:19 16 May 04

do you have spybot? this should sort it.

Sorry, don't have a link but if you search this forum you'll probably get a million replies.

click here for more info

Tas

tasslehoff burrfoot 23:20 16 May 04

that's more info on bargain buddy, not spybot.

woodchip 23:21 16 May 04

Make a note of the exact way it is in Add Remove i.e. Case sensative and write it down,

To remove follow these step's closely, go to start\find\files or search for folders type in the box xxxxxxx click enter key delete all the entry's it finds with xxxxxxx in it. Next go to start run type regedit and press enter, go to menu under edit click find in the box type xxxxxxx and press enter it will bring up only one entry at a time, press delete key then click ok to confirm to go to next entry press F3 and delete do this until you get to the end of the registry. DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE IN THE REGISTRY other than xxxxxxx then reboot your computer

Where the xxxxxxx is type the file, after the above and restarting windows try deleting the file again in Explorer

Giggle n' Bits 23:23 16 May 04

if so right click and close, then go into Control panel, Add/remove programes and remove from there.

Or do a search at Google for remove Bargin Budy, there are too many ways and links.

It is classed as spyware so I Search and destroy by Spybot will shift it, find that possibly in the PCA Downloads secion for internet tools/securty

Daveson 00:17 17 May 04

cheers, spybot got the darn sucker. Thanks for that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…