File Hosting Scripts/Software

Proclaimer 08:52 AM 03 Apr 10

I would like to add the facility for customers (registered users only) to upload image files to my web server, I have looked at software like 4images, Coppermine Photo Gallery and gallery v2.3 but that is not really what I want.

I just need the customer to be able to upload 1-5GB of data via their browser. Any ideas what I should install to accomplish this?

I have access to PHP, Apache and mySQL on the server.

beynac 09:54 AM 03 Apr 10

This can be done using PHP. Here is a good example: click here

Proclaimer 12:21 PM 03 Apr 10

I can run run that and upload, I would need it to be for registered users only though. Can't have any one just uploading images to the server.

beynac 12:34 PM 03 Apr 10

You can restrict users easily, again using PHP. I haven't got any links to hand, but a search for this on Google should give plenty of choice. Most PHP books start by building sign-on forms and processing the data.

Proclaimer 14:00 PM 03 Apr 10

looks like this site will have what I need. click here the key is knowing what to actually search for in the first place.

beynac 14:19 PM 03 Apr 10

Try putting "php + user + login" into Google. This will give you plenty to try out.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…