File Hosting Scripts/Software

Proclaimer 03 Apr 10

I would like to add the facility for customers (registered users only) to upload image files to my web server, I have looked at software like 4images, Coppermine Photo Gallery and gallery v2.3 but that is not really what I want.

I just need the customer to be able to upload 1-5GB of data via their browser. Any ideas what I should install to accomplish this?

I have access to PHP, Apache and mySQL on the server.

beynac 03 Apr 10

This can be done using PHP. Here is a good example: click here

Proclaimer 03 Apr 10

I can run run that and upload, I would need it to be for registered users only though. Can't have any one just uploading images to the server.

beynac 03 Apr 10

You can restrict users easily, again using PHP. I haven't got any links to hand, but a search for this on Google should give plenty of choice. Most PHP books start by building sign-on forms and processing the data.

Proclaimer 03 Apr 10

looks like this site will have what I need. click here the key is knowing what to actually search for in the first place.

beynac 03 Apr 10

Try putting "php + user + login" into Google. This will give you plenty to try out.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Wimbledon 2015 live online: follow the tennis from your laptop or PC

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

HTC's head designer on what's exciting in designing for mobile right now

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message