File Format Error on MP3/4 Player

loaders 20:42 12 Feb 10

Recently purchased a Touch Screen 32gb Mp3/4 player from Hong Kong.Everything "Camera,Video recorder,Radio,Music,E book etc works fine.I have windows Vista and have Sync.all my music via Media Player no problem.I also sync a couple of photos and a video from my libary with no problem to check out all was working ok.I then deleted the photo and video but now when I try to load any more photos or videos I get the message "file format error"I have re formated the player and reloaded all the music again with no problems but I still get the same message when I try to load the photos or the videos.Any ideas please

Technotiger 21:32 12 Feb 10

I have no knowledge of MP3 Players, never owned one, but - how did you reformat the player? If you did it via the computer, perhaps it should only be formatted from within itself, or vice-versa ... if that makes sense!

jamesd1981 21:33 12 Feb 10

have you checked what the best formats are and the maximum resolution your player can utilize.

loaders 15:21 13 Feb 10

Thanks for your interest.I formated it from within itself ,perhaps I should do it from the computer and see what happens,thanks for the suggestion.Unfortuneatly as I bought this from Hong Kong I do not have any info. regarding formats or resolution.

Technotiger 16:15 13 Feb 10

What is the Make and Model Number ?

loaders 16:57 14 Feb 10

Technotiger.
Unfortuneatly that is my problem,buying from Hong kong is no doubt cheaper but any info is lacking.I have tried formating from my computer to the mp3 and have found that the Vista file system is NTFS and the player is FAT32(not sure what the difference is)and when I tried to format PC to Player it ran for a while but then stopped and I got the message "windows cannot complete formatting".It looks like there is nothing more I can do?Many thanks or your help.

Technotiger 17:05 14 Feb 10

Don't know if this will work with a MP3, but maybe worth a read ...

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…