File Extraction

woodchip 18:40 12 May 03

I have a File that is called, midi-files.cpl. how do I get the files out of it. I know it?s a Easy CD extension and if I double click the file, it opens Easy CD and shows a screen ready for burning but it says that it cannot find the files although all the files can be seen in the right column and clicking properties on a file gives the right size. But if I try to burn them it just burns all the directories, but no files. Win98

powerless 18:57 12 May 03

A cpl file is a windows control panel extension.

Midi files? Why not just create a new burn. As i know you cannot extract files from a cpl file.

woodchip 19:09 12 May 03

Yes, but if you check on google etc cpl is also a Easy CD file extension. I know it's confusing, I would normally agree on what you said but for the above. I can see all the files in Easy CD but not anywhere else can I open the cpl file to read the contents. The size is 6.080kb lots of midi files I can see Folders and files in Easy CD but cannot burn them or extract them tried to copy and paste but it would not have it

crx1600 19:38 12 May 03

the only versions i can find of cpl. are.

Control Panel Extension, Corel Color Palette, Compel Presentation.

could you link the google page.

the nearest i got was cl3, cl4 and cl5 which are easyCD creator layout files.

if the file size is 6Kb i dont imagine it holds any midi-files,more of a shortcut to them.

VoG™ 22:19 12 May 03

MB <> KB

crx1600 22:24 12 May 03

VoG™ please explain?

its quoted as 6.080kb not 6080kb

VoG™ 22:36 12 May 03

Sorry, you are correct. I'm a moron.

woodchip 22:51 12 May 03

My mistake sorry for leading you on a goose chase, the file is a cl4 the link is click here it was a interesting chase though. Now can anyone HELP PLEASE

BIG sorry to Powerless

crx1600 22:56 12 May 03

as i mentioned its probably a saved easyCD creator layout file.

when you compile a CD,you can save the layout (all the shortcuts) in case you want to burn doesn't contain any midi files, just the shortcuts to them.

if you cant use the saved layout to burn,its because the midi files aren't in the same location as quoted in the layout.

can you confirm its 6kb in size?

woodchip 22:57 12 May 03

I have no Excusers, going senile

woodchip 23:10 12 May 03

Yes it's 6.080kb or 5.93Mb

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…