File extension problem after Dreamweaver uninstall

wyatt earp 20:36 06 Feb 03

I have had a trial copy of Dreamweaver MX from Macromedia installed for about 10 days and i have just uninstalled it through add/remove progs. I have Win XP/HE and i am now left with incorrect file extensions on microsoft home publishing files. They now open as a 'print project' and start the printer driver.
They used to have .mhp at the end ( i think?)
Does anyone know of a way to put this right?
Thanks as ever Wyatt.

VoG™ 22:02 06 Feb 03

In Windows Explorer, right click on one of the files and select Open With. Click on the program that you want to open with (or click the Browse button if it isn't listed), and tick the box that says "Always use the selected program to open this type of file".

wyatt earp 07:10 07 Feb 03

VoG, Tried that already, only offered one type of home publishing program i.e. home publishing container.
The file extension is now .php i am sure is used to be .mhp ( could be wrong on this).
Basically each time one is opened it starts the diver which needs to be cancelled.
Thanks anyway - any other ideas out there?
Wyatt

€dstow 07:31 07 Feb 03

I think that Dreamweaver comes with its own uninstall facility which must be used to remove the program correctly and leave your machine as it was before.

The usual advice in this situation is to reinstall the program and uninstall according to the correct procedure but, I have a feeling that it won't let you install a trial version for a second time without jiggling about in the depths of the machine where ordinary mortals shouldn't go. You could try though.

Otherwise, an email to Macromedia may be in order.

€d

wyatt earp 19:07 07 Feb 03

I think you are right, i shall try macromedia!
Thanks
Wyatt

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…