File Extension Problem

Muslimat79 20:41 22 May 04

I got a file with an extension .part1 and .part2.

Please help as I don't know what to use to open this file. I've been trying using Winrar but it keeps saying not an archive file.

Thanks for your help

Charence 20:43 22 May 04

If you open it Windows will give the option to search it from some websites. You could also search on google for the file extension.

Muslimat79 20:50 22 May 04

I've searched several time with google but all that I got were all about articles that didn't even relate to what I need.

Pesala 20:52 22 May 04

Probably someone has changed the extension manually and forgot to add the .doc extension. I believe Word has the option to recover text from any file. Look in the files of type dropdown list on the Open File dialogue box.

Pesala 20:53 22 May 04

Make a copy. Rename it as Filename.part1.doc and then try to open it.

Valvegrid 20:55 22 May 04

Tried searching on here

click here

No luck I'm afraid, What size is it? Right mouse click on it and have a look in properties. If the file is small, say about 100K, open it in wordpad and see if there is any text in it that may give a clue.

Muslimat79 21:17 22 May 04

This file is not a word a txt file. It's a program file compressed, and the file size is about 690MB. Please help.

cycoze 22:11 22 May 04

it would help to know what program , the only thing i can find with extension part1 and part2 is Netobjects fusion Netobjects System file , could this be the program?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…