?File error problem (ffastrun0 ffx)

Effie 14:03 30 Dec 03

After Booting up, I now have the following showing up where Files were before. Its showing as
ffastrunO ffx (and in properties, its ticked showing as both hidden as well as archive.)

Has anyone come accross this senario before and ?enlighten me as what I should be doing next to correct it

Current system is Windows ME, Hard drive has 4 partitions and this problem is showing up in them all. Also have Zip drive, as well as CD Rom + DVD. Virus Scan doesn't show up anything being abnormal.

Thanks

VoG II 14:07 30 Dec 03

"Office

Office 97 recorded information on your applications and data to the root of the hard disk (in the shape of 4 files: ffastrun0.ffx, ffastrun.ffo, ffastrun.ffl, ffastrun.ffa). This information was used by the function of search for Office 97.
Moreover your name, seized with the installation of Windows, finds itself automatically in all the documents of Office."

Translated from click here

Big Elf 14:10 30 Dec 03

I think it's to do with the 'Fast Find' feature of Office 97 which I think can be switched off. I've forgotten how to do it.

Big Elf 14:11 30 Dec 03

I found this reference at MS click here

Effie 22:40 30 Dec 03

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you both.Thanks VoG for identifying what the file was. Thanks Big Elf for your piece of infomation. Will now try to have a go at sorting out the problem and hope that it works!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…