File duplicator remover

Taw® 18:14 12 Mar 05

After a recent reinstal I have lost a useful little programme that searched the hdd for duplicate files and removed them. i got the info fom the pca forum but cannot find it under the search. The programme brought up a little window and you dragged the folder to be searched from one side to the other. It was free which is why i am looking it again

Taw® 18:19 12 Mar 05

On seaching it was called dupelocator and the link was from Pesala, but no longer works.

€dstowe 18:32 12 Mar 05

This it? click here

Pesala 18:34 12 Mar 05

DupeLocator (85K) click here Finds duplicated files by comparing bytes, ignoring names and dates.

Looks like I deleted it while having a clean out. The link is working again now.

Taw® 18:47 12 Mar 05

€dstowe and Pesala many thanks for such a quick response

Pesala 18:56 12 Mar 05

The authors of Duplocator stopped development on it and retired some while back, that's why I put their freeware on my own webspace. Their domain has now gone too.

Modo 19:01 12 Mar 05

Ace Utilities does a reasonable job.

Where they all fall down in my experience is on music files. For some reason the versions on compilation CD's nearly always have slight differences - track name, file size etc etc - and you end up having to seek them out manually.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…