file dmio.sys is corrupted

chris586 03:46 29 May 04

after downloading the 6 floppy - WinXP_EN_HOM_BF.EXE to rectify 'Corrupted or Missing \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG' in XP at start-up, 'file dmio.sys is corrupted' appears at the fourth floppy and one can go no further.
Searching other forums shows I am not the only one with this problem - but no answers are forthcoming.
Microsoft, it would appear, serves only Microsoft.

Anyone, PLEASE.
I have only middling skills.

Regards chris586.

christmascracker 23:13 29 May 04

bump

ahales42 01:41 30 May 04

dmio is the disk manager for nt.if it`s faulty on your floppys then you are knackered.ask a friend to download it for you or simply re-install using your cd.

ahales42 01:43 30 May 04

sorry, totally misread this. simply download the whole thing again but get some decent floppy`s

chris586 08:20 30 May 04

Thankyou all for the rapid response

To : christmascracker
What is 'bump'?

To : ahales42
Knackered - I like knackered. I know where I am with knackered.
Indeed,I have had problems with 'cheap n nasty'floppies - so, I shall try this on the morrow and post results.

Thankyou again
Regards Chris586

Valvegrid 08:22 30 May 04

christmascracker has 'bumped' you post to the top of the list, because it was going to drop of the bottom and you probably had no replies.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…