File deleted in error

Abel 09:01 22 Nov 06

I've inadvertently deleted a Lotus 123 file recently. Is there any way that it can be recovered using whatever facility may be available within Windows XP Pro SDP2?

Abel

Diodorus Siculus 09:06 22 Nov 06

You can't do it with just XP tools; a free option is PCInspector which you can find at click here

VoG II 09:06 22 Nov 06

Look in the Recycle bin.

Or try click here - run it from a different drive e.g. a floppy.

Diodorus Siculus 09:07 22 Nov 06

click here
Drive Rescue v1.9d too

wotbus@ 09:20 22 Nov 06

No. Whatever you do, do not change the HDD image. (CCleaner, Defrag, System File Restore etc) or Install/Uninstall anything. Try to use the PC as little as possible until you are ready to recover.
Handy Recovery is excellent and will do it for you, but I must emphasise, do not change the status of the HDD if you value the file ;-)
click here

Abel 15:35 22 Nov 06

Diodorus Siculus.
I'm having trouble with the PC Inspector programme you suggested. I've downloaded it OK but I'm afraid I don't find the interface too friendly. Not savvy enough I'm afraid.

Also, both VoG™ and yourself suggested the alternative Drive Rescue. However, VoG™ recommended running it from a separate drive such as a floppy. Now, I don't have a floppy drive and for whatever reason I can't copy the programme to a CD. Clearly, I'm doing something wrong. I will grately appreciate further guidance from either or both of you.

Abel

Diodorus Siculus 15:50 22 Nov 06

click here for restoration; it is fairly intuititive.

Abel 16:09 22 Nov 06

Diodorus Siculus, now that's my kind of programme! Downloaded it, found the missing file and restored it. My very grateful thanks!

Abel

Diodorus Siculus 16:27 22 Nov 06

Good news; thanks for the feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009