Gugs 23:46 27 Nov 03

My 98SE will not boot up beyond first 'Windows' screen and advises that the above DLL can not be found - reinstall Windows. Is there any way of obtaining/reinstalling this DLL without a complete Windows reinstallation and,if so, how?. Regards.

VoG II 00:09 28 Nov 03
  Gugs 19:54 28 Nov 03

Downloaded the missing file and copied to Windows 'system' overwriting existing file. (Thanks VoG) Still no boot - PC has now come up with a bigger and better refusal - "SHELL32DLL file is linked to missing export SHLWAPI.DLL:SHRegGetUSValueA" that should be continous beween quotes but this box also has a mind of its own. As I haven't the faintest idea what that means I think I'll find a quiet corner and hide. TTFN

VoG II 09:54 29 Nov 03

click here

click here

click here

click here

for some ideas. At least you are not alone!

Gugs 23:13 29 Nov 03

Thanks again VoG. That lot should keep me out of mischief for a while - there are 30 or so pages of 'suggestions' - I often wonder how you helpful souls can come up with a fist full of useful URLs on practically any subject at short notice. Regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…