File convertors

onemadjock 11:47 10 May 04

I'm having problems with converting doc files to html, pdf to html, pdf to doc etc etc and I'm looking for some free tools to do so.

Any suggestions would be welcome as i'm tearing my hair out here!

Thanks!

scooby43 11:48 10 May 04

have a look on google and search for doc to html.

onemadjock 12:02 10 May 04

do you not think i have tried that?!?!?

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of programs they have used!

scooby43 12:17 10 May 04

It was only a suggestion, you didnt mention anything about searches. Ill have a look for you.

onemadjock 12:23 10 May 04

Thanks - its something that has been annoying me for ages trying to convert documents without losing much in the presentation.

stlucia 12:29 10 May 04

When you talk about .doc files, I presume you're talking about Word .doc files: If that's the case, Word can Save As a web page.

onemadjock 12:42 10 May 04

but when it saves as a web page it creates horrible html code and doesnt keep the same presentation.

Plus i dont have access to word - just Open Office.

Told you money was a factor! lol

stlucia 12:49 10 May 04

OK, try this click here

But with all automatic conversions you're going to get some html code which you could have done better yourself (which I presume is what you're talking about when you mention horrible html code).

Smiler 13:23 10 May 04

To convert doc to html why not open the file in word and then click "save as" and in the save as window click in the "save astype" box and select "HTML Document"

onemadjock 14:19 10 May 04

I don't have word, i use Open Office instead as i stated above.

I'm going to download the evaluation version of leadtools to see if i get any joy.

Any other programs worth looking at (freeware if possible)

Smiler 17:33 10 May 04

click here

click here

click here

try a google search such as "convert doc" click here=

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…