File converter .mmf to .mp3 .wav etc

badgermansix 18:51 PM 23 Nov 11

Can anyone recommend a free/shareware file converter please? I want to convert one file (.mmf) to .aac .mpe .wav etc. tia

csqwared 18:58 PM 23 Nov 11

Try looking here Music software Xilisoft Audio Converter seems to fit the bill although no experience of it.

swapper 17:19 PM 24 Nov 11

Thanks csqwared, I did try this but it does not seem to recognise .mmf.

Thanks for responding

lotvic 19:23 PM 24 Nov 11

This online converter might do it http://audio.online-convert.com/convert-to-mp3

tonyq 21:41 PM 24 Nov 11

Freemake Audio Converter should do it.

http://www.freemake.com/freeaudioconverter/

lotvic 22:03 PM 24 Nov 11

tonyq, darn those 2 _ underscores that turn text into italics....

Here's your link freeaudioconverter

tonyq 08:25 AM 25 Nov 11

lotvic, please explain, darn those 2 _ underscores that turn text into italics.... for future posting.

lotvic 18:45 PM 25 Nov 11

tonyq, If you use two underscores the text between them is changed to italics instead of displaying as you intended with the underscores showing. It means that when you paste a link in with them it then doesn't work as a link.

Try it out and look in the preview box below.

tonyq 19:38 PM 25 Nov 11

lotvic,thank you for the advice, but I don't seem able to make it show up italics in the preview box .

tonyq 19:53 PM 25 Nov 11

lotvic, I finally managed to do it . Sorry badgermansix for hogging your thread but it's nice to learn these things. Having said that I will probably forget the next time it happens.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

14 best budget laptops of 2015: best budget laptops reviews - best cheap laptops - best bargain…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Animated film of Raymond Briggs' Ethel and Ernest ramps up production

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…