File attributes -batch changing in 98se?

greybeard 22:04 08 Dec 05

Having just copied, via a cdr, a large number of folders and files across to a second system (both running 98se) I discover that the files have been made "read only".
While I know how to alter the attributes of individual files, via the "file/properties", and that by selecting all the files in one folder they can all have the "read only" attribute removed, is there any way of clearing it in all the files in a tree of folders and sub-folders ?
The facility is given in xp but I can't find a method in 98se.
Any help appreciated.

britto 22:11 08 Dec 05

I use this
click here

woodchip 22:11 08 Dec 05

This is how you do it. In Windows Explorer, click the folder with files on left files on right click on ether top or bottom file to select the file now to select all press the shift key and hold it down while you click the other end of list, now right click on selected files PROPERTIES remove the Read only tick click apply or OK that's it all done. If you Press Ctrl instead of shift you can select individual files

greybeard 22:46 08 Dec 05

Thanks Britto - that looks just the job.
Woodchip - that method only does one folderfull at a time - not a whole tree of subfolders.

woodchip 22:47 08 Dec 05

Well it is one way without loading dross

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…