File Asspciation problems: Folders

Amubis 00:06 29 Jan 03

Hey there
I have a bit of an anoying problem, the 'open' and 'explore' commands usually located in the file folder dialogue box (file associations) have deleted themselves :S. I find this strange because it's not possible to delete these manualy. Anyways, every time i double clicked on a folder the search window popped up, so i tried re-entering the commands 'open' simply telling XP to use explorer to open the folders, this kinda works but now every folder opens in its own window, even when the option to have each folder open in the parent window is checked. Please help, preferably by telling me the command lines i must enter to recreate the 'open' command.

p.s. i've tries system restore and 'last knows safe sys. config.' so don't suggest those. :)

AndySD 00:42 29 Jan 03

sfc? click here

Amubis 00:55 29 Jan 03

What i'm looking for and what probably only a few microsoft nerds know is...
What is the default command line (and additional if applicable) that i have to enter into the 'open' action for a file folder in the folder options dialogue box. for example the 'open' command for mspaint is simply the address of that application. Please note that the address of windows explorer is not what i'm looking for.

===>If u want to know what then hell i'm talking
about open my documents, tools>folder
options, click the 'file types' tab,
select 'file folder' click the advanced tab
and see the action 'open' in the actions
text box. In XP it isn't possible to view
or delete these 'actions' manually.

jazzypop 01:00 29 Jan 03

Try this - click here

Amubis 01:10 29 Jan 03

Thank you, i was having no luck searching microsofts web site. It worked by the way, thanks :D

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…