File Associations

Reb 14:40 15 Feb 03

Win 98SE comp using ICS
When I double clicked Internet Properties on the desk top it now says it does not have a program associated with it, it used to open internet explorer and connect to the net - Im not sure how to complete all the info required in the file association bit, can anyone help?

Irishman 15:53 15 Feb 03

Try Start-Programs-Internet Explorer, Right click then left click on create shortcut and drag the new shortcut onto the desktop. Delete the old one.

Reb 16:03 15 Feb 03

I cant delete it as its a system folder. If I right click it it comes up with internet properties.

woodchip 16:07 15 Feb 03

Download tweak UI it will repair shortcut's etc, after you download it extract the zip file to desktop or folder right click the .inf file and choose install the program will be in control panel just double click the icon

woodchip 16:09 15 Feb 03

PS click here it's the top one on the page

Reb 16:22 15 Feb 03

already tried that with no change

woodchip 16:44 15 Feb 03

Wht do you need ICS, just double click IE icon on desktop or click in programs to start

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…