file associations

geedad 11:46 21 Sep 04

I can view and save my digital movies to a DVD r3ecorder through the Television.
I can also view and save these to my PC.

However, once I have transferred the files to my computer, then try to save them back to my camera( for editing purposes ), the camera does not recognize the file format.
I am surprised that I cannot send the videos back to my Kodak Mc3 camera, since this was the original source!
Got up-to-date Sony PCV RS404 computer with quite a few bells and whistles!
Anyone help, please?
geedad

Philwane 12:08 21 Sep 04

What software are you using to capture your video?
Why would you want to send them back to the camera to edit them?

geedad 12:44 21 Sep 04

Philwane.thanks for your early response. I am not using any software. I now have a DVD-Ram recorder which CAN record directly from my mC3 camera. That's no problem for any new recordings that I make with my camera now.What I want to do, however, is to try to copy my PREVIOUSLY recorded videos ( which play in Quicktime or ReaPlayer)to my DVD -Ram recorder. I can then send thse to my relatives in DVD format.
I tried to copy them from the PC to my Compact Flash card connected to the PC then put it back in the camera to see if it would then transfer to the DVD recorder.
No go!
I hope this is a better explanation than my previous query!
geedad

Philwane 13:24 21 Sep 04

What file format is your videos saved in i.e. AVI,MPEG,

Philwane 13:31 21 Sep 04

What file format are the videos on your computer in i.e.AVI MPEG or Quicktime Movie File if the latter I cannot help you but I found this that might help
click here

geedad 19:08 21 Sep 04

Philwane. ( .MOV )
Thanks, will look at these.
geedad

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…