File Associations

furryboo 22:41 24 Jan 04

Still can,t get Windows Picture Viewer to open jpeg images. Have tried the Tools folders Options , allways use this program -tick box. Every time i come back to it box is unticked!
Have run Disc check etc,nothing. Tried the local shop -waste of time. Any more ideas

woodchip 22:48 24 Jan 04

Have you tried this? Open Windows Explorer look for the Picture you want to open, click on the file to select it then press and hold shift key and right click the selected file click on the always use to open from the list click the little box to the left and select the program from the list that you want to open with

Valvegrid 22:57 24 Jan 04

You might have to do a bit more. Open windows Explorer, go to Tools Then Folder options. Click on the File Types tab. Look down the list till you see jpg file extension. Highlight it, then click Edit. In the box that opens, towards the bottom, there's another button that says Edit, click on it. Another box opens that says 'Editing actions for:....' click on the browse button, then search for the .exe file to open the viewer of your choice. Once you've done that you can go back to the 'Edit File Type' box and change the Icon as well.

It sounds a bit long winded, but it's easier to do than explain.

Paul.

Valvegrid 23:05 24 Jan 04

As a matter of interest I was trying to re-associate jpg files away from Mozilla to Ifan view using your method, for some reason it wouldn't do it, I had to use the long winded method instead because it kept going back to Mozilla, I know it shouldn't, but suppose that's quirky 98SE for you :-)

Paul.

woodchip 23:17 24 Jan 04

Well I use 98se and it's done it on mine as well on occasions. I do not no why I use Netscape basically a bigger Mozilla. I shall have to watch how I do thing more, so that I may have an idea what does it. But not really bothered it's just nusance to do the above occasionally. One other thing is that, it will say when starting Netscape that it's not the Default browser. this may be linked but not taken any notice what the reason for the above problem as been

canard 23:20 24 Jan 04

The less file associations I have the easier life seems. Irfan works wonderfully with NO file associations. It also performs reliably. You could try installing it if you haven't got it on your PC already and you should find it makes a plus difference.

woodchip 23:32 24 Jan 04

That's OK if you want to do that, but if your into Photo Editing it's a lot better if you can go into explorer and just double click on a pic and it opens in the program that I prefer to use

furryboo 23:42 24 Jan 04

Thanks to Valvegrid and everyone, still not wworking ,no edit buttons in XP, works ok with Paint and Elements. And so to BED

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…