File association problem

rob92 12:00 02 Apr 05

I have some image files, which appear as winrar files, and even though I have used the 'open with' option in XP and opened the files in Nero, and the files all end in .ISO they are still listed as WinRAR archives!. Although not a major problem, but still annoying as its only started happening since I did a format and fresh installation of my os.

Jak_1 12:11 02 Apr 05

winrar is a zip program like winzip therefore you need the winrar program to open them as winzip cannot. Winrar can however open winzip files.

Try here click here

rob92 12:28 02 Apr 05

I have winRAR on my pc, but cannot understand why image files are being shown as winRAR archives, when they are clearly an image file?

Jak_1 16:27 02 Apr 05

All zipped files are basically archived files; when you zip a file you save the zip into an archive leaving the original extant.
Does winrar simply refuse to recognise the files or does it find them corrupted? If the latter applies then suggest asking the originator to resend them.

rob92 17:31 02 Apr 05

When I try to open them with winrar, winrar says 'no archive found'

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…