File Association

Switcher 12:12 21 Jan 03
  Switcher 12:12 21 Jan 03

I wish to alter a file association.

When I click on View in explorer or My computer menu I no longer see the option "Folder Options"

Anyone have any idea why I can't see it. I feel that I am doing something stupid.

Also when I right click on a file I no longer see the option "open with"

Switcher 12:13 21 Jan 03

Above on WIN98se

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 12:15 21 Jan 03

I think you need to hold down the shift key then right click the file for the open with to be there.

TBH1 12:19 21 Jan 03

ÑÌÇKÑÂMË has got it exactly right.

Switcher 12:26 21 Jan 03

Sorry meant to say SHIFT + Right click does not work unless the file does not already have an association.

I should be able to SHIFT + right click any file to get open with to temporarily open with another program.

I feel that the loss of this facilty is associated (if you pardon pun) with inability to see folder options when clicking on view menu in explorer.

Tog 12:41 21 Jan 03

Do you use TweakUI?

Tog 12:45 21 Jan 03

You might also want to look at this article on the microsoft support site.

Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 218805

Switcher 12:50 21 Jan 03

I use Tweakall - will check out article

Tog 12:54 21 Jan 03

I asked about TweakUI because there are options in there that control what tabs, drop downs display. I'm wondering if Tweakall does somethig similar.

Switcher 13:06 21 Jan 03

Teakall is very similar to tweakui - I have checked out the various tabs but can find no reference to alterations to Open With

Your Suggested MS Knowledge base article was interesting but refers to files which have no set association I have no problem with this type my problem is with files which have an association which I wish to change.

In case recent tinkering with registry has caused problems I am going to restore to position as at a few days ago.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…