File association

ian-206235 23:34 07 Dec 06

i have associated a file with winzip and the always open with this box is ticked ,but its the wrong programme , its is actually not a compressed file that i thought it was , so i deleted it and re downloaded it but it is still coming up to open with winzip, i dont want it to open with anything , how do i reset this back to opens with unknown application as the other 2 files are ?

AndySD 23:51 07 Dec 06

Difficult to set it back to unknown without uninstalling WinZip.

If you know what should open it then press Shift and right click on the file, choose open with and choose the correct program

^wave^ 08:19 08 Dec 06

open up explorer go to tools folder options file types then go down to the file type of the program and delete it next time it is loaded it will ask you what to do again

johnL 19:56 18 Jan 07

Hi,
Excuse me butting in - I did what you suggested ^wave^, but next time my .jpg file loaded, it started in "windows picture and fax viewer", ie it didn't ask what I wanted to open with, even tho' .jpg was deleted in file types.
I've tried associating such files with Photoshop, but, although Photoshop opens, Windows says it cannot find the file!!
Right-clicking a filename does not have the option to always use a progam for that type of file.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac