Fictional email indication at logon.

TonyTT 20:52 07 May 05

A message that says I have email is always posted by my user account when I turn on my computer, yet I do not have one (an email that is). Strange thing is that when I right click on it, it is my girlfriends email address that appears. Very small, yet very irritating snag. Is there anyway of separating windows from email information, i.e if you want email information you have to activeky go and get it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

VoG II 21:12 07 May 05
  pauldonovan 21:16 07 May 05

..probably hotmail on your login. Set her up an XP login and get her to do it on that. It is going off to her hotmail and telling you how many she has.

Go into control panel, user accounts, pick your login, then go into Change my .NET passport. I think you'll need to pick another one, i'm not sure if you can completely dissassociate your XP account from a passport altogether once its been done.

pauldonovan 21:19 07 May 05

...apparently this does it (from MS):

Remove .NET Passport information from Windows XP
Step 1: cover your tracks .NET Passports are stored in your user account, and are listed in sign-in options for Passport-enabled programs such as MSN Messenger. If you're covering your tracks, then it's best to clear this.
Step 2: Delete passwords Go to Start / Run, type control userpasswords2 and hit OK. On the window that appears, choose the Advanced tab, and click on the Manage Passwords button at the top of the screen.
Step 3: Remove stored entries The basic Passport .NET entry is attached to your Windows logon, with all others listed above. Lose the surplus by clicking Remove - ditch them all if you want an entirely clean slate.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…