Fianl PC choice, Any good?

scott26985 22:59 29 Jan 07

I’ve been going though websites all day and I’ve narrowed down my choice for a new PC to the below spec. I will be using this PC for all the basics, Photo editing, gaming, Large file downloads (music and movies), and Creating DVDs. Could some one please run thorough this data and tell me if the spec is suitable. Thank you.

Spec:

MESH Computers - Elite Inspire

Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E6300 Dual Core Processor(1.86GHz,2MB Cache,1066MHz
Microsoft OS Genuine Windows® Vista Home Premium Edition
1024MB DDR2 533MHz Memory - (2x512MB)
Hard Drive 320GB Serial ATA Hard Drive with 16MB Buffer

Optical Drive Super Format SONY 18x Dual Layer DVD Writer +R/-R/RW/RAM
Graphics Card 256MB Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator integrated (SMA)
Sound Card 5.1 High Definition 6 Channel Audio Codec (on-board)

Software Bundle Free Microsoft® Works® 8.5 + 60 Days Microsoft Office Trial
Anti-Virus BullGuard Internet Security 6.0 -AntiVirus/Firewall/Backup/Spamfilter

Belkin Wireless G USB Network Adapter - External

Warranty Classic Warranty - 3 Years Back-to-Base - Parts & Labour

ps). I never added on a modem as we have a wireless network in the house and this pc will be secondly on this network so I don’t think I need a modem. Right?

skidzy 23:17 29 Jan 07

Best advice i will offer regarding this system is:

Type Mesh into PCA search facility !!!!

Example here click here

skidzy 23:21 29 Jan 07

click here

Click on Forums
In the search box type Mesh
Search in all all/tick all boxes
And click search

Think you may change your mind about ordering from Mesh !

scott26985 23:24 29 Jan 07

There will always be complaits about the maker.

Im more interested in knowing if the spec choice is ok

scott26985 23:29 29 Jan 07

I have one other choice Here: click here

There are 2 packages but I think the cheaper one will be ok. This is from Novatech

skidzy 06:55 30 Jan 07

The Novatech system is a good choice for your needs Scott and would recommend the company.You do realise you have no OS with that system though.

scott26985 08:19 30 Jan 07

yea I know. you can get is with in OS but its £100 more and Im not sure if they'll send you the cd as a backup

keef66 10:58 30 Jan 07

Don't worry about ordering from Mesh.

Yes, you don't need the modem.

With the onboard graphics in the Mesh you won't be doing much gaming though.
The 7600gt in the Novatech will let you play most games at decent quality settings.

The bigger HDD in the Mesh vs the cheaper Novatech pc will be useful for your dvd creation and large downloaded files

For either you might want to add a second optical drive (dvd rom) so you can copy straight from disc to disc if needed.

Andsome 11:06 30 Jan 07

Why not try a local computer builder, and discuss your requirements with him/her. You won't be paying for so called FREE rubbish that you don't want. Any problems and the solution is available close to home, and NOT at the end of an expensive help line. Best to visit during a busy period and ask other customers what they think of the supplier, then go back when it is quiet for the afore mentioned discussion.

scott26985 11:54 30 Jan 07

Thanks for the help. I think I know what I want now. I've up'ed my buget to £650.

I think the Novatech 7600 here click here is my best choice

It has Core 2 Duo,2GB Ram, 320GB Harddrive, a DVD burner and something called Gigabit LAN.

Would I still need to buy a Wireless USB to conect to my home network when this PC has Gigabit LAN ?

My only worry with Novatech is that you buy the OS built-in, so does that mean no OS back-up CD?

Totally-braindead 12:10 30 Jan 07

Phone Novatech and ask them. I am given to understand you get the CD but it would be better to confirm. If something does go wrong with your PC you will be thankful if you choose the Novatech one, their customer service is very good.
Not sure about the wireless question either, I think you would still need to but an adaptor but again a phone call and a query to them should answer it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…