F/fox/ java /ssl /cookies problems

tonyx1302 14:45 23 Feb 09

I have just installed FF as my browser and can open websites very quickly without any problems except these two. When I try to open our savings account with ING the site tells me that I haven't got JAVA installed,that there could be a problem with SSL (?)and may I need to allow cookies to open.
I have double checked with my JAVA and its all OK. I found the little boxes relating to SSL 200/300 and both are ticked but I don't understand about the cookies bit.
Overall I am very pleased with FF but have to go back IE to get to ING and my bank account with 1st Direct which also won't let me sign in
Any thoughts please

Tony

ambra4 14:57 23 Feb 09

You have to install Java plug in for Firefox

click here

You should also install IE Tab, which will open IE as a Firefox tab

click here

Graham. 14:58 23 Feb 09

Tools, Options, Privacy - Accept cookies. You have some options with how cookies are handled.

tonyx1302 15:06 23 Feb 09

Hi ambr4 & Graham. Have just done both of your suggestions but unfortunately neither worked.Any further thoughts ? This is what the two sites say
"In order to view this website your browser must have JavaScript and cookies enabled."
Tony

Sea Urchin 15:47 23 Feb 09

To enable Javascript in Firefox

click here

Sea Urchin 15:48 23 Feb 09

Java and Javascript are two different things

tonyx1302 16:04 23 Feb 09

You guys are stars !!!! Thanks so much Sea Urchin your click here solved it. I can know see how many pennies if any, we have left !
Could I ask a final favour.....once I have IE tab on my pc can I drag and drop it onto my tool bar ?

Many thanks everyone

Tony

Sea Urchin 16:15 23 Feb 09

Download IE Tab in Firefox and then restart Firefox. Right-click on Menu or Address Bar and click Customise - then drag the IETab onto your Toolbar - done

tonyx1302 16:25 23 Feb 09

Put your feet and pour yourself a glass of cold Pinot. You have earned it and made a very senior surfer very pleased.

Many thanks

Tony

Sea Urchin 16:27 23 Feb 09

Wow - thanks for that - I think I will. Glad to hear it's all sorted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced