A Few Jumper Questions

gplatt2000 12:40 09 Aug 03

Hi there, I was wondering, does the orientation of the jumper on the pins matter (ie, does it matter which way round it is?), and aslo, the (old) HD I am trying to setup for a friend has no diagram to show jumper settings, so which is the most common location for them (to set as master)? Thanks a lot in advance, Gavin

seedie 12:49 09 Aug 03

The jumper is just bit of metal for connecting to pins together there fore not polarity sensitve.

Some drives have no jumper for master selection others have pin 1 and 2 (nearest the power plug) for master only. Quite often there is a diagram on the drive itself.

Come back and let us know if you get stuck.

CD

Lozzy 12:57 09 Aug 03

Seagate Settings
click here

Maxtor Settings click here

Hope this helps

gplatt2000 13:14 09 Aug 03

Thanks ppl , I will have a try a bit later on, I think the drive is a Fujitsu though??? ButI will try different settings, Doesn't hlp that there are no markings on the mobo to show IDE1 and IDE2, so I have to try different positions. Anyway, thanks a lot for your help, Gavin

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…