A few hassles

Andy1991 12:35 29 Aug 07

Hey, can any of you great IT people suggest a few fixes to a few problem for me please.

1)My Sound Icon and My Safely remove icon has disappeared from the taskbar, when i go to sound properties and reselect show icon in taskbar, they both come up again, but next logon, the problem reoccurs and the box is unticked.

2) When the computer sleeps the monitor stop recieving signal as normal but the green light stays on, but i remember that always used to blink in sleep, After this i can not get it started up again either by pressing a key or miving the mouse, pressing power button does nothin,a nd holding it down turns it off, but when pressed again to turn it on it goes right back to what it looks like when in the problematic sleep. Only turning it off at the switch then on again cures it.

rawprawn 13:00 29 Aug 07

)My Sound Icon and My Safely remove icon has disappeared from the taskbar, when i go to sound properties and reselect show icon in taskbar, they both come up again, but next logon, the problem reoccurs and the box is unticked.( I assume you mean System Tray)
Try this click here
sorry I don't know about your Monitor, It might be a good idea to tell us your OS and Monitor make and model

Andy1991 13:16 29 Aug 07

thanks for that. I at those service the program suggestes now, a bit warry but i have tested them and checked around, now i will restart to see if it still works.

Andy1991 13:17 29 Aug 07

Windows XP Home Edition, Trend Micro IS 2007, Office 2003, Wireless network at 128Mbps. Windows Desktop search just installed now along with win defender.

Andy1991 20:44 29 Aug 07

Sorry, it did not work, still gone.

Andy1991 21:02 29 Aug 07

tried it, checked it, and then tried to run it by double click but it just opens in notepad. No right lcik options work as intended just opens in notpad.

form the link
"useage download past items vbs"
when yo hover the curser over the word download ,it then turns red,right click it, save link as,once on desktop or whereever you save your downloads open from there
if double click doesnt work,right click>open with command prompt

Andy1991 10:48 30 Aug 07

thats what i did. Command promt opens, bit of text comes up, and closes again. all in the blink of an eye.

Andy1991 12:22 03 Sep 07

So, how do i fix this sleep problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…