Fetal error

paddyjack 20:31 13 Jun 04

I installed the latest version of Avant today and now I keep getting a fatal error 016F:BFF9DFFF. While this appears to be a memory problem, what is the cause? all and any suggestions appreciated.

OS win98se

MartinT-B 20:46 13 Jun 04

searchign the web brings up two options:

It's either a RAM issue or it's an excel issue.

Try deleting the excel.xlb file and restarting your PC. You'll lose any customised toolbars in Excel though. The file is usually in windows\application data\microsoft\excel

paddyjack 20:59 13 Jun 04

MartinT-B

Excel is not the problem, and I have carried out a ram test it did not show any problems.

The problem only occurs when using the updated Avant. Yes I could wind the system back. But dose that cure the problem? Then the computer has won!!

MartinT-B 22:49 13 Jun 04

That fatal error code does not necessarily refer to Avant.

I have seen postings on forums with that code attributed to: Nero 5, Windows media Player 7, On a windows 98SE PC - when it occured twice a day for no apparent reason, and someone else claiming is was a deteriorated video driver, as well as the Excel ressolve that 2 people claimed worked in October of last year.

Take your pick, but just because it started after you loaded Avant does not make it an Avant problem.

paddyjack 22:01 14 Jun 04

MartinT-B

Thanks for all, it is in fact an Avant problem went to the Avant forum and found that I was not alone.

Installed an older version and now all is right with the world.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…