Feeling ahsamed

roygbiv 14:09 24 Mar 04

Not sure if this is then place!!.
After reading some posts, on here, i feel a bit uneasy.

I am very sorry for jumping on the band wagon of negative posts. That arose after the recent “sort out”.

I am Disabled (CA), and was having a bad day (no excuse really), and panicked at the PC problems I was having. (when I posted)

I use this site to keep me up to speed with any computer problems, I might encounter.
Many Thanks to every one on the Forum, keep up the good work.

Congrats. To FE for his work. Alan

Sir Radfordin 14:14 24 Mar 04

We all make mistakes from time to time, jump in with a reply and then wish we hadn't said something. Being able to admit that has been done and make a public apology is always something that will win respect of others.

I've not seen any of the other posts that you refer to (or if I have they've had little impact on me!) and there is no reason for you to feel uneasy.

Providing you come into this forum with the right attitude (and not one that is to upset/annoy anyone else) then you are (in my view) entitled to your opinion as much as the next person.

Long may you continue to be kept up to speed!

1514 15:29 24 Mar 04

I whole heartedly agree with Sir Radfordin. none of us are perfect, but the nearest thing is probably a "rainbow"

Sir Radfordin 15:56 24 Mar 04

Thats some abstract thinking going on :)

medicine hat 16:47 24 Mar 04

I'm not quite sure what 1514 means either but nonetheless concur that it is very easy to post something which you later regret. Personally, I have never seen anything wrong in what you have posted, roygbiv, and anyway life is too short. More importantly, do you think Arsenal will continue their unbeaten run tonight? :-)

Don't be ashamed. Just be yourself. Bad day's come to us all.

roygbiv 17:11 24 Mar 04

thank you for the replies. I will sleep tonight, now. Alan

Sir Radfordin 17:24 24 Mar 04

When I was at school Richard of York Giving Battle in Vain = Rainbow, just shows how times change :)

Forum Editor 17:48 24 Mar 04

and it's a foolish person who pretends never to have acted or spoken in haste. The very nature of an online forum means that it's often too easy to react on the spur of the moment, publish something for all to see, and then wish that you had allowed a little pause for reflection.

Don't give it another thought - the fact that you've got the integrity to make a public apology tells me all I need to know. Sleep soundly.

Rogmur 18:29 24 Mar 04

Greetings Roygbiv

It is after all
Red Orange Yellow Green Blue Indigo Violet

it is indeed an acronym for Roy G Biv, and susequently the colours of the rainbow
(Why didin't I think of that nick name?)

Kind Regards
Rogmur (but not quite as colourful)

Djohn 19:28 24 Mar 04

As all the above have said. Nothing to be ashamed of and we all make mistakes, I do all the time. I have every sympathy for you and understand how you feel.

I've never mentioned it in the forum [Only to a few forum friends by e-mail] but I think I've been here long enough for others to now know.

I also am disabled with severe arthritis and a weak heart, [several Heart-attacks and one operation]. Now the veins in my legs are so blocked I can hardly walk, I spend most of the day and night in severe pain and the Hospital can't do anything about my legs because of the Heart condition.

My PC, this forum and a couple of others are my window on the world. I try not to bite back at people even though on occasions there are a few threads that make you feel that way, so do the same as me, sit back take a rest have a hot coffee and come back to the thread with a clear mind.

Best regards. j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 Plus review: better cameras and waterproofing make this the best iPhone yet

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple to launch new Macs and MacBook Pros at an event on October 27

iPhone vs Android | iOS vs Android: 5 reasons why Apple's iPhones beat Google Android smartphones ()…