Feedback please

Matt45 17:50 16 May 04

I have just finished redesigning my site which is a personal site about me that I mainly use to let my friends and family know what I'm doing but also as a place for my friends at my rowing club to look at to find out results and upcoming events. I was hoping that some of you could give me your feedback on it. Just general comments about layout, colours, design etc... would be greatly appreciated.

The site address is click here

Thanks.

Matt

AndySD 19:39 16 May 04

Like it ...it works well in IE and Opera both at 1200x1024 and 1024x768. The links in the gallery on the photos didnt send me to the the photos though and it loks like the link on the about page to rowing is dead.

IClaudio 21:47 16 May 04

but the pics don't show in Firefox here (but they do, in IE6...)

james55 21:52 16 May 04

Had no problems with your site, on my site I tend to keep the pictures 600 x 450 pixel resolution? This way I am not too bothered about stealing, although if they did I request a link to my site. However I enjoyed your site and the best of luck with it in the future.

Jim.

Matt45 21:54 16 May 04

Thanks for all your comments.

barryoneoff.co.uk 00:18 17 May 04

the 'loading' logo, I gave it a couple of seconds and closed the window. As fourm member said, what are they for? I want to go straight to the content when I visit a site. It may be different for BB users, but for dial up it could cost you visitors.

Good luck, Whiz...

Talented Monkey 01:43 17 May 04

i have Broadband and still close those flash splash pages, and so do majority of people visiting the site. Flash pages serve no useful purpose and are a definite no for any commercial or information site. The one exception is personal sites, you can do whatever you like with that, but if you are just going to break from the homepage site and envisage high traffic, then ditch he flash!

PurplePenny 12:33 17 May 04

Looks nice. I agree with everyone else about Flash intros - I'm straight to the "skip" button.

But one thing *is* a problem ... and it's beginning to bug me ......

Trust me on this, I'm a librarian :-) ...

The spelling really, truly, IS "business" not "buisness". When I first saw it on your template sales site I took it for a typo and mentioned it as such. I've just checked back to your other site and it still reads "buisness" on that site and now on this one as well.

Other than that it looks good.

Penny

Charence 22:37 22 May 04

Great site!

I have noticed some design problems which you might want to consider fixing. On the Survey on the right hand side, I filled it in and it doesn't seem to be cookied so it is possible for me to continually voting for a topic.

I did watch the whole flash intro, but it was very tempting to press skip as it was too long. The intro was quite well made appart from the end which was disapointing; you made a large ENTER button which I disliked. You should make the intro automatically load the next page.

The Currently Online box is quite good. The only problem is that when I went on your site, it said "There is currently 1 user online". This would give the user the impression that your site is not very popular and maybe it would be better to get rid of it. Maybe replace it with your visitor count as this seems to be quite high.

Apart from these problems, very good website!

Charence

Charence 22:39 22 May 04

I viewed the source of your site and you don't seem to be using a proper doctype declaration for your webpage.

Charence

Sir Radfordin 23:05 22 May 04

There is a time and a place for everything. Matt45 has designed the site for a very specific group of people and I doubt is looking to appeal to the mass audience. Afterall, who apart from Matt's friends is really going to bother visiting the site (don't take that the wrong way Matt!).

As I see it, the website is a personal site, and as they go it is very good. The actual website does smack of "template" and has that 'off the shelf feel' to it - how much did you design from scratch?

It is your site, and as such you can do what you like with it. It has a clean, quick feel to it and it no doubt meets your requirements. You can skip the flash intro if you so wish so don't see it as a problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now