Feedback

Pau1JB 21:43 08 May 04

I created a site, click here , this is my first time at a proper website. and would like some feedback on it.

Also how can i get sponsors or get people to find my site, i have tried entering it onto search engines nothing is working.

Anyone want to put my link on there site.

thanks ppl.

Taran 23:11 08 May 04

All I have to say at present is this:

Unless you return the "Powered by phpBB 2.0.6" link to its rightful place, you're not really playing fair at all are you ?

I'm not prepared to offer help or suggestions based on that fact.

The bottom of your pages should read:

Powered by phpBB 2.0.6

and not

Boredom Boundary 2.0.6 ©

You're taking credit for a lot of very hard work by the developers of phpBB and the least you could do is leave the link in place.

There's nothing to be ashamed about in using phpBB or Invision, or any similar product, and while phpBB may be open source you only have copyright over your site content. You have no claim on the code that is running it and your link looks very much like you're taking the credit for the web application that is running the site.

If I recognised it for what it was at first glance you can be sure other web users who are familiar with phpBB will also know it as well.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, but when the correct link goes back to where it should be, I'll try and help you out.

Taran

Pau1JB 23:26 08 May 04

i will work to fix it.

AcidBurn7uk 23:32 08 May 04

I noticed that your main menu's icons are actual icons of programs. I was thinking of doing this myself, but as far as I am aware, this is breaching copyright, am I correct. Other than that, and what Taran said, I quite like your site!

Talented Monkey 23:31 09 May 04

Totally agree with Taran of course. i didentfied this as phpbb in less then a second of looking.

24 hours have gone and still not changed to powered by PHPBB2

Pau1JB 17:20 10 May 04

give me a sec, i am really busy with school and party time job and studying for my exams.

Its done now some will you please give me some feedback.

As for the wheel chairs, it was that i didnt know what to think, and its something random ppl would do if there board!!!

So how can i get this site to show up high on search engines?

Pau1JB 17:27 10 May 04

Look at the menu bar on the left here in the webdesign section. look at the things label add new respones and contact form editor etc, they are using some windows xp icons, just like me.

AcidBurn7uk 17:39 10 May 04

Oh yeah, so is this not breaching no copyright laws?

Taran 19:03 10 May 04

phpBB has a great many themes available for it, one of which is called phpXP2 and this looks, to all intents and purposes, a lot like Windows XP.

It also has optional themes called Quidditch, Pulp Fiction and, my own favourite, myApple, which is a carbon copy of the gorgeous Apple Mac Aqua interface.

Emulating a theme or look is one thing, ripping it and claiming it as your own is something else entirely. phpBB doesn't do this and nor does this forum. Can you imagine PCA running a forum with large as life icons on their pages which were breaking a few dozen laws ?

Taran 19:09 10 May 04

You said "Its done now some will you please give me some feedback."

If you mean the alteration to show the "Powered by phpBB 2.0.6" link has been done, then no, it hasn't.

Your Flash Media link still has "Powered by Boredum Boundary" on it, as do all of the sub-categories. I'm not sure if you used "Boredum Boundary" as a play on words or if it is an unintentional spelling error, with the letter "u" in the word Boredom. Either way, unless you programmed the web application, it's the wrong link and it should be returned to "Powered by phpBB 2.0.6".

IClaudio 19:36 10 May 04

And the first Flash Media link is to 'Acrade' [sic]

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…