Fed-up with PCA

woodchip 18:40 30 Aug 03

I just about had enough of struggling with the PCA site, it just sits and hangs most of the time, when trying to post to threads. And feel I am wasting my time and at the moment I am going to get a shower.
I will also think what to do over the next couple of days whether to come back. It's become a real pain, I do not have this problem on the rest of the net, I think it's all the servers that PCA uses. One is Doubleclick it hangs on this frequently

powerless 18:43 30 Aug 03

Come - on - comeback!

Djohn 18:50 30 Aug 03

Please rethink woody! the site is slow at times, sometimes very slow, but worth it in the end. Enjoy your weekend. Regards. j.

VoG II 18:51 30 Aug 03

I sympathise but please don't do anything rash - you are one of the most informed and respected contributors here.

Chill out for a few days, then try again.

mammak 19:00 30 Aug 03

Powerless,Djohn, and VoG i agree with you all
Woodchip is one of the most respected members of this forum, but admit it he has a valid point it would make you tear your hair out at time,s the way it hangs, and of course i wouldnt want to see him go. Mammak

krypt1c 19:25 30 Aug 03

Woodchip - I agree response time is slow on [many] occassions. But like the others say don't give up just yet. I've only been on the forum a short time but I've seen your name in lot's of posts. We can't afford to lose you. Perhaps the forum editor could jump in here a give a view on the time pages take to load ?

powerless 19:28 30 Aug 03

Same old - Springs to mind!

Where you are in the country.

The load on the server.

Possible problems on YOUR computer.

ISP problems...

Legolas 19:29 30 Aug 03

Woodchip you can't go now, not when I have ordered Redhat linux 9 you are my main man to help with that.

rickf 20:24 30 Aug 03

I have not had any problems accessing the site. Could something be wrong with your system? Knowing you ,you would have known if there were, but still...Have a check.

xania 20:29 30 Aug 03

I have just about been on;line an hour when I joined this forum and - yes it was SLLLOOOOWWWWW. So I logged off, rebooted and now its faster. Now there's a thing!!

Don't give up woodchip. As a newbie myself, I also get frustrated by the way these things play us up - and the computers as well - but, you have to admit its a good way to waste a couple of hours when there nowt to do at t'office. Nad I've learnt as much as I've taught. Where else can you get all that for free??

bof:) 20:29 30 Aug 03

you help out too many people on here to leave, including myself. So please please dont go and do anything in haste.

Just read the postings above mine.

You are very well thought of on this site.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…