Fed Up with BT - suggestions for new dialup

Haylyn 15:16 28 Jul 05

Downloaded new payasyougo dialer from yahoo; real pain, computer froze then cost approx £12.00 for them to say must be incompatable with my computer- packardbell with pentium 4 running windows xp home. Next day BT had problems all morning with lines. I am just using their telephone number and have to manually switch on ie and mail.

Any suggestions for new dialup: just want payasyougo for low volume home use.

Thanks

Lynda

Magik ®© 15:22 28 Jul 05

trouble is, BT own the lines, so whoever you go with,it might be the same...

anchor 15:25 28 Jul 05

OneTel could be worth a look, especially for the low volume user. 1.5p/min day or night. Various packages available; have a look:

click here

Chegs ® 15:39 28 Jul 05

No matter which provider you eventually opt to follow,BT owns the lines and can continue to give you the runaround.I changed to OneTel(BT had messed us around for over two years previously)within a week of switching over,BT disconnected the phone,this was a nightmare to remedy as BT wouldn't allow anyone but themselves to test/repair any faults,OneTel were as surprised as we were at BT's disconnecting the line and were unable to offer a solution other than contacting BT.After months of wrangling we were eventually offered compensation(£30) but BT's attitude sucks!

BT 09:21 29 Jul 05

I use NTL dial up for £13.49/month for 24/7 access via an 0800 number.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…