FE - IE7

PurplePenny 23:17 28 Sep 05

FE, you mentioned in another thread that you are testing IE7. Have they added support for position: fixed as promised? Oh! please say that they have. How about :hover on all elements?

Have they fixed the 3px jog? In fact .... have they really fixed all IE's "known bang-your-head-on-the-desk bugs" [quoted from Chris Wilson's own blog click here].

Forum Editor 00:56 29 Sep 05

I would love to discuss IE7 in all its glory, but I mustn't. I know it's a nuisance, but because Microsoft class me as a journalist as well as a software developer they make me promise not to write about any beta 1 software versions that I test - until they say it's OK.

This is because the developer betas are invariably short on the features and gizmos that will be added in later beta versions, and MS feel that press comment might prejudice readers' attitudes towards the release version when it comes. Agree with that or not as you will - for my part I have to stick to it if I'm not to jeopardise my beta tester status with the company, and I don't want to do that - there is a new version of Office on the way, apart from Windows Vista.

PurplePenny 18:59 29 Sep 05

Oh well ... I'll just have to be patient :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…