FE. I keep getting lost on your site.

Audeal 00:47 08 Nov 03

A question for the FE. As there is so many people complaining about your new updated website I thought I would add my own little quirk for you to sort out.

Every time I return to a page after going to a thread I keep getting lost on the page and can't find where I left off and have to do a search for my lost place. Very, Very annoying, and a major problem needing your urgent attention.

Why can you not be like other web sites and change the colour of the link after it has been clicked on. Others do it so why can't you? (or your programmers).

The worst time for this is when I Refresh the page and all the threads are moved around or pushed down the page.

Is it to much to ask.?

leo49 00:54 08 Nov 03
  Djohn 00:55 08 Nov 03

If your using IE6 then clicking on the back button should return you to the main index of the help page in the same place or link that you clicked from. Clicking on the refresh button will refresh the page you are on and "View all subjects" will refresh the page and include new post as it returns you to the index page. j.

Djohn 00:57 08 Nov 03

Mango Grummit 07:34 08 Nov 03

Good job we don't have to pass that test to be allowed on here --- I failed!!!

christmascracker 07:52 08 Nov 03

leo49 LOL

Crikey!! - gave me a heart attack at the end

Forum Editor 08:11 08 Nov 03

but to be honest, you're the very first person to complain about this since we started the forum over three years ago. That leads me to think that it isn't something that other people feel is a major issue.

If you click on a thread title from the main Helproom index and then, having looked at the thread, you use the 'back' button in your browser the index page will be returned to your screen at the same position you left it - as already explained by Djohn.

Stuartli 08:29 08 Nov 03

What a terrible Audeal you are going through...:-)

john-232317 08:31 08 Nov 03

No big deal to click a back button is it.

Perhaps you could put it on scroll, and he could click as it arrived on the sreen...;-o

john-232317 08:34 08 Nov 03

By the way i think the site is getting better all the time, and thats not brown nosing, congratulations to all the staff.

Forum Editor 09:06 08 Nov 03

on the jokes. I'm sure that Audeal will sort this out - and for the record, we've had far more complimentary messages than complaints since we changed the site.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…