//some 3rd party need geo

F.E. Email response to Originator

Curio 19:06 16 Apr 04

Is it just my PC, but my current thread has had several replies. Unfortunately no email has arrived to inform me (usual practice). I have to keep logging back in to PCA Help Forum to find the responses.
Is this part of the Forum Currently non-operational?

User-312386 19:13 16 Apr 04

did you tick the little box at the bottom?

hugh-265156 19:15 16 Apr 04

are you with ntl by any chance Curio?

im not getting my mail at the moment.from about 1600 hrs today.

maintenance i think.

hugh-265156 19:16 16 Apr 04

just checked and my ntl mail is ok now.

that will teach me to shut up in future lol :-)

Curio 19:19 16 Apr 04

Huggyg71. No I am Telewest Blueyonder BB. Am getting normal emails but no autoreplies from this PCA Forum

ade.h 20:31 16 Apr 04

Another forum member (leo the lion) had the same problem via MSN recently, but it seemed to cure itself eventually. click here

wee eddie 21:41 16 Apr 04

I have never bothered to work out how long the time lag is between a response to ones thread and the e-mail notification of said response, but it could be up to half an hour.

However we have had threads recently, suggesting that an e-mail's delivery can be delayed by up to 24 hours.

Although I cannot understand the mechanism involved in this delay, as I thought these things travelled at near light speed

Curio 08:49 17 Apr 04

Just checked again. Still no sign any email reponses from this Forum. Still receiving other emails OK

pj123 17:02 17 Apr 04

Have to advise that I am now not getting email advice of responses to my threads. Nothing has been changed.

Sir Radfordin 17:06 17 Apr 04

It is quite likely to do with the shear volume of posts being made. I've not attempted to work it out but there must be huge numbers of posts being made every minute. If each one of these generates an email then it will not only be in a que to be sent but the mailserver may be running under a lot of strain (remember its a free service!)

I've noticed over the last couple of years that the email notifaction isn't instant but I've coped thus far!

pj123 17:16 17 Apr 04

I have to add that it doesn't particularly bother me as I log in to PCA Forum regularly and always check "My Postings" first anyway. At least this way I don't have lots of emails to delete.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…