//some 3rd party need geo

Fdisk problems Cannot delete Ext Dos Partiton

Giggle n' Bits 14:23 03 Sep 04

Trying to FDisk before Format of HDD, and getting stuck big time. I am getting a message "Cannot Delete Extended Dos Partition while logical drives exist"

I try to remove the logical drive as the only one there when using option 4 shows a total ext dos partition 21125 Mbytes & also says above No Logical Drives.

Erh how can I remove the partition please, urgent to get XP back on and work again.

geeza 14:42 03 Sep 04

try deleting any non dos partitions

Giggle n' Bits 14:58 03 Sep 04

partition.
It does tell me Extended dos partition contains logical dos drives

Really confused eh

cream. 15:14 03 Sep 04

Two things to mention.

1) fdisk.

On option 3 (Delete partition or Logical DOS Drive ), start at option 4 and work down to option 1. 4( Delete Non-DOS Partition), 3 ( Delete Logical DOS Drive(s) in the Extended DOS Partition ), 2 ( Delete Extended DOS Partition ) and 1 ( Delete Primary DOS Partition ) and work down to option 1.

2)NTFS or fat partitions. You have all these features on the windows XP disk. Just boot from cdrom and when it asks you which partition you want to install XP on, just delete the partition. You can then rebuild the disk from this window. You can delete partitions and create partitions from the windows setup.

Giggle n' Bits 15:17 03 Sep 04

keep you informed.

Giggle n' Bits 15:23 03 Sep 04

take it that is near close for a 30GB ?

Giggle n' Bits 15:27 03 Sep 04

for a 30GB Drive ?

SANTOS7 15:43 03 Sep 04

click here this may help

cream. 15:48 03 Sep 04

Yes that is fine. That's your 30gig.

Giggle n' Bits 00:46 07 Sep 04

Thanks to the Village idot, it worked. Don't know what went wrong but it sorted it.

Also Thanks SANTOS7, I saw that MS KB Page but seemed a bit long winded with lots of links.

Ta again V.I.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…