Fdisk cannot see slave drive

dean_e_boy 19:25 14 Sep 05

I cannot see my slave drive when i use fdisk. I can see my c: drive but not my d:. I can use the drive okay in windows but I want to load LINUX to this drive and it will not boot because it will not be able to see the partition. What can I do? I can also see it in my bios. All help gratefully received

Yoda Knight 19:28 14 Sep 05

Did you change to the slave drive in FDisk ? Can the linux setup program see the disk ?

cytometry 19:53 14 Sep 05

It can depend what utility you are using whether or not other partitions are seen. If you are using something like Partition Magic it should see everything. I have found that earlier DOS disks were not able to see partitions particularly if using a different OS which is how I ended up buying Partition Magic.

dean_e_boy 20:36 14 Sep 05

The linux program can see the disk but I get a brub erro 17, which is to do with a prtition it cannot see, I think. I really want to try Linux but everytime I try and install I get a grub erro. Is there anything else I can do?

Yoda Knight 13:00 15 Sep 05

what linux distro are u using ? some are easier to load up than others. you might want to change to one that has an easier interface for partitioning and let it do its own thing

keith-236785 14:38 15 Sep 05

what version of windows, what interface for the slave drive (sata or Ata/ide) and how big is the slave, what file format (fat32 or ntfs)?

a lot of linux distros cant see ntfs file systems, or sata disks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…