fdisk advice

kobs 14:11 04 Feb 04

can somebody help me plz!........im planning to wipe my p.c and start from scratch,thing is i dont really know what im doing!!!so can somebody plz check this quick guide for me and tell me if its ok or not! click here cheers!

GuyR 14:26 04 Feb 04

advice is ok BUT make sure you fully understand what you are going to do and have a print out that you can follow.

You dont say what size your disc is but process is slow if you have a large drive (anything over 10gb)

If you have partitions on already and you are wanting to start again from scratch then you must remove the partitions in the reverse order they were created.

eg if you have your drive partitioned as c drive primary then two logical partitions in the extended partition (d, e) you remove e, then d then remove the extended partition then remove the primary (c).

FDISK allows you to enter % of disc space rather than entering mb size.

You can achieve the same thing using support system disc from disc manufacturers eg maxtor, think it's called maxblast3. here you can remove all data wipe disc completely clean, paretition etc all very easily. Again it can be slow for instance my 80Gb drive needed to be completly wiped not just reformat, took over 6 hours!!

JIM 14:31 04 Feb 04

if you have a min or two to digest it will fall in line. What you have system wise etc you dont say,so may be worth the time to read over.

Otherwise your link is ok for a quick guide if you feel you do not want to cover any poss problems :)

click here

in case of link mess up close the http: space,copy paste link .

http: //support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=click here

kobs 15:37 04 Feb 04

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…