FDisk

denali 17:14 05 Mar 05

Anyone tell me how to fdisk "Extended Dos Partion"
on 98se, please

FelixTCat 17:17 05 Mar 05

Are you trying to create it, create logical drives in it or remove it?

denali 17:20 05 Mar 05

FelixTCat: Create logical drive to install system. Setup tells me it cannot find room but it is 40gig with nothing on.

Chezdez 17:32 05 Mar 05

i think you may have a raw partition, did you opt to format the drive during installation? is the drive new?

denali 17:37 05 Mar 05

Chezdez: I did opt to format and it did one tiny partition 8mbs, I don't even know how it got there.
The drive is five months old. After the mini format I tried to install on the rest of the drive but it said there was not enough room.

Dorsai 17:54 05 Mar 05
  Chezdez 18:04 05 Mar 05

ah!!

i see

ok, put your windows CD in the drive, and boot up from CD, then, delete all partitions, and format, but make sure you format everything (you will be left with 8MB unformatted space)

i can't remember what the install screens are like, but if you just carefully read each page, it is pretty straight forward

what you've done is formatted the smallest possible amount!

denali 19:41 05 Mar 05

Dorsai: Thank you very much for your terrific link. Everything worked a treat. Fdisk, Format and new o/s up and running. Thank you also to everyone else who tried to help me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…