fdisk

coops35 18:12 26 Jan 05

can anyone please help me how do u use fdisk on windows 2000 pro ?

Jeffers22 18:15 26 Jan 05

Don't know, but try putting fdisk and Windows2000 into google or microsoft support site.

rawprawn 18:45 26 Jan 05
  Curio 18:56 26 Jan 05
  Dorsai 19:09 26 Jan 05

I found this walkthrough/tutorial for fdisk very good. click here .

Not to say the two links above are not good, just giving the one i used..

dan11 19:14 26 Jan 05

You should not need to use fdisk with windows 2000. You can create a partition through the windows 2000 start up procedure. This will give whatever size you need for your C drive, format C and load windows 2000. The remainder of the hard drive then can be partitioned when windows has finished it's installation.

It would of been better to know what size partitions you want. Then a full set of instructions can be given to partition the disk to your requirements.

dan11 20:01 26 Jan 05

With the computer started, put in your windows 2000 disk. Restart the computer and start the windows installation. It should say press any key to start.

If it does not start and goes straight to windows. Then you will have to change the boot sequence to cdrom first.

Let it load the files and when you come to the first screen, click here Press enter.

Pick F8 to accept the agreement.click here

Then you come to the page you want. click here. Pick D to delete the partition. This will take away the C drive. Then you will have the chance to rebuild the disk. Pick the size in Mb's you want the C partition to be. Then it will ask if you want windows to be put on your New sizes C drive. press enter for yes. You will then have the option to format in fat32 or NTFS, with a normal format or a quick one. You choose.

Let it load windows to desktop.

So now you have just a smaller hard drive, in my computer.

Now to build some partitions.

Right click my computer and pick manage. Now scroll down to disk management and enter. The hard drive will be in the right hand side of the page. Top the right of C you will see the unallocated space.

Right click on this and pick create a new partition. The wizard will start. As you go through it, it will give you the option to use the rest of the drive or to use a portion of the drive. The choice is yours and you can make several separate partitions to the main drive, it also gives you the option to pick which drive letter you would like for the partitions.

if you need a comprehensive walk through for the wizard, post back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now