alan227 18:49 24 Feb 04

I am trying to fdisk a 80gb seagate HD
In the first selectio I select 3 then on the next one I select 3 to delete logical drives on ext dos partition, it then says logical drives deleted, so I then tried to delete the ext dos partition and it said cannot delete partition while logical drives exist.
so I tried it again and the same happened.
I need to fdisc and format this drive.
I was adding mandrake 9.2 to an existing drive allready containing 98se at 90% into the installation it threw up errors and I had to cancel and when I rebooted I had lost 98se and now need to delete all partitions and start again.
Shuttle GN45N2 xp2200 2 X 256 crucial DDR Ram
80gb seagate HD Leadtek FX5700 128mb graphics.

Have a read here click here

geaves 19:08 24 Feb 04

Try selecting delete non dos partition, if this does not work then you have to restart mandrake from the cd and delete the partions from there.

DieSse 00:45 25 Feb 04

Download Seagate Seatools, and run the Zero-Fill utility - the quick one will do.

This will reset the drive to a "blank-unused" status - from which it will then fdisk and generally behave like a new drive.

alan227 23:27 28 Feb 04

In the end I used xp to format & partition and I now have a sucessful duel boot system.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…