smegs 01:50 19 Nov 03

Morning all. Could someone please tell me if there is any software that will delete a partion, but will not lose any data on the C:\DRIVE. A friend has just bought a second hand Pc, that has a 40Gb drive, but is Partitioned into 2. He was not given any drivers for any Hardware. Can this be done??? Many thanks. Shaun

hugh-265156 01:54 19 Nov 03

partition magic or acronis partition can merge two partitions into one without loosing any data(most of the time anyway :-))

videos and how to`s click here

both work similar

y_not 05:04 19 Nov 03

You could also try installing aida32 click here which will identify the hardware on the system and, in most cases, give you the address of the manufacturers site to download the latest drivers.

Its a good programme - and free. Try it before formatting to make sure it picks up all the driver needs then re-install after formatting.

Will help your friend to have a good clean system to start with.

smegs 12:19 19 Nov 03

y_not, I have AIDA, already ran this found out what the software is, but I can't find it on the SIS site.

pj123 12:45 19 Nov 03

Try downloading Ranish from click here this should manage your hard disk without losing any data.

hugh-265156 14:00 19 Nov 03

in aida32 click on:

the highlighted items,if hovered over with the mouse will be links for drivers.

sometimes,like everything else the page address has changed.just post the motherboard model/make/chipset video/sound adapter info etc here.im sure we can find links for you.

sis download site is click here they are generic drivers,i use these myself as my computer manufacturer doesnt keep up theirs to date,and have no problems with them.

smegs 01:04 20 Nov 03

For your help. I downloaded P/magic, and messed things up. Had to Fdisk and format. Again, thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…