fdc

bugzy-no1 15:02 15 May 04

on bilding a second hand pc i encounter this on startup sayin press f1 to continue. starts ok after that using windows me ,
but this is a motherboard problem changed ram 133 to 100 changed hd, floppy, and rom .also swaped 2000 xp for 1300 thb processor.
changed ide cables and also cleard cosmo.
it sees everything in setup so i am lookin for any ideis how to rectify this bugbear.
it is a pcchips m810 lr-h board (guffer). so thinkin caps on and any help will be appreciated thanks in advance,if you cant help anyway thanks for your time.

Eric10 15:31 15 May 04

FDC is the Floppy Disk Controller. Is the floppy drive working? It may be a faulty motherboard as the controller is built into the chipset.

Stuartli 15:41 15 May 04

Or a faulty or incorrectly inserted floppy drive cable or lead.

The mobo maker concerned has never been a legend in the industry...:-)

bugzy-no1 16:11 15 May 04

its the only thing i have not canged but on inspection the cable is the right wat around and inserted on the board the correct way i thoght of a boot virus in floppy ?but scand nonefound.#
also updated the apci driver to see if that was it not a sausege to go with my chips(joke) but thanks guys goin to change floppy might even turn offit thanks agein.

bugzy-no1 21:37 15 May 04

swoped the floppy around and found one of the resisters was goosed in floppy so thanks for your help guys
bugzy

woodchip 21:41 15 May 04

Check in the BIOS as I think it's something to do with a setting in there You will have to check thoroughly each page

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…