Faxing from within an application - Windpws XP

PeterPaul 17:28 09 Mar 05

When I try to fax a document from within Word (XPfax program), the program goes through all the wizard points, shows the cover page and the document in preview, connects and faxes - but then only the cover page is transmitted, not the document. What is going wrong?

Stuartli 10:06 10 Mar 05

The only thing I can think of at the moment is that you read "Distribute merged documents to e-mail addresses or fax numbers", after keying in Fax into Word's Help pages and double clicking on it to bring up the topics.

PeterPaul 15:30 10 Mar 05

Thanks, Stuartli,

I have now resolved the problem by removing the fax accessory under control Panel and reinstalling. The reinstallation was not without problems - the program kept asking me to insert the Service Pack 2 disk, but then failed to find the files it wanted on it. I evetually tried by Windows XP operating system disk, and it accepted that. Everything is now fine - thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…