Faxing Software

phildux 20:28 26 Apr 05

hello all,
i am wanting some faxing software and looking for any good suggestions. must be user freindly easy to install, although this will be used mainly to receive fax there may be odd times when i need to send them.

TonyV 20:43 26 Apr 05

I think you will find there is a Fax facility in XP. Go to Add & Remove Programmes and click on the Add Windows Components. You will see Fax services in there.

Jackcoms 21:22 26 Apr 05

And don't forget that you cannot send/receive faxes down a BB connection. You will need a dial-up modem.

pj123 23:16 26 Apr 05

As Jackcoms says if you are on BB you can't send faxes. You will still need an analogue modem installed. I am on BB but still have an analogue modem which is only used for sending faxes. It is always disconnected from the phone socket when not in use as protection against rogue diallers (although I do have call barring on Premium Rate numbers) Most analogue internal modems come with installation software on CD. Mine came with Supervoice which is simple to setup, and also has an ansafone on it. I only use it to send faxes. To receive faxes I subscribe to Trinite (cost £23 per year) and all incoming faxes go to my email inbox. click here

If your ISP is Tiscali they offer the same fax to mail for free.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…