Faxing on lline

geedad 14:27 PM 24 Jan 12

Using Windows Home premium on i5 Intel, 64bit PC. I want to send and receive faxes. I have Windows Fax and Scan inbuilt, but how do I get a "free" fax number, with a "free" service on my VirginMedia broadband? I have seen many 'offers' of a free service, but when looking deeper into it, there IS a charge somewhere! ideally, I would like the faxes to go through my email service. geedad

Terry Brown 14:35 PM 24 Jan 12

I do not think there is such a free thing as FREE faxing , however, depending on how many faxes you want to send, I would suggest an alternative.

I needed to use a fax machine, but did not have the room for one, so I bought a small adapter (plugs into the USB port and the 'Phone line) link attached

http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?q=Fax+Modem&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=np&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=7794477185427929536&sa=X&ei=68AeT4zmBNDHsgayo4GxDA&ved=0CHoQ8wIwAA

Al you pay for is the cost of the telephone call to send a fax.

Prices vary around the £20 mark.

Terry

geedad 17:13 PM 24 Jan 12

Terry Brown Thank you. Did it come with Fax software and where did you get a Fax number from? geedad

Terry Brown 20:11 PM 24 Jan 12

Yes they do with software and the fax number is the same as your telephone number

Terry

geedad 19:58 PM 27 Jan 12

Terry Brown Thanks a lot - a great help. geedad

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…