Faxing with BT Broadband and Winfax

Islandgirl 11:17 20 Jan 04

I have BT broadband, with an analogue modem connected to the analogue port of the splitter. This modem works fine when used online, but if I try to use Winfax to send a fax, although the modem dials, Winfax returns a message saying 'no carrier' and does not send. Is this a problem with BT Broadband? Or Winfax? The same thing happens if I try to use Microsoft Fax. A friend who has BT broadband has exactly the same problem.

tykesutd 11:25 20 Jan 04

I know that this is no help, but I have a 'fax' machine attached to my spliter, it will send but not receive.

Islandgirl 11:11 01 Feb 04

Can Anyone help me please, I just cant Fax anyone or receive any Faxes The modem works fine when used online, but if I try to use Winfax to send a fax, although the modem dials, Winfax returns a message saying 'no carrier' and does not send. Is this a problem with BT Broadband? Or Winfax? The same thing happens if I try to use Microsoft Fax. Joan

Lozzy 11:44 01 Feb 04

It all down to your splitter. Remove the splitter and just connect the modem cable on its own and see if that cures it. If it does get a new splitter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…