Faxing with Broadband

Confused! 14:29 21 Nov 05

I managed to fax pre braodband with the internal modem. Since BB I have tried but nothing seems to work. I am using Windows XP and have MS fax console appearing on the desktop. It seems to be configured to use the interal modem but ........please help

MoiraB 14:34 21 Nov 05

Have you left the internal modem cable connected to the phone? I think you need to as the fax goes via the modem and not your broadband connection

Confused! 14:36 21 Nov 05

yes - I have taken the cable from the modem to the telephone bit of the splitter

Stuartli 14:47 21 Nov 05

Strange, as your arrangement should work i.e. dialup modem connected to the telephone line.

Hamish 14:51 21 Nov 05

Broadband does not support faxing Look at this post click here

Also consider here click here

Confused! 23:05 21 Nov 05

I am not trying to use broadband to fax - just want to use the old dial up modem to do it ..............

johnem 23:10 21 Nov 05

Confused!,
You may find that the BB connection has become your default, thereby preventing your internal modem from working, especially if the "connections" selection has the "Never dial a connection" radio button activated.Try selecting "Only dial if network not present"

Confused! 21:47 24 Nov 05

Where do I find the 'only dial if network not present'? Not sure where I should be looking - sorry

wots it all about 21:51 24 Nov 05

I am probably wrong (usually am) but if the line has been BB activated, can it still be used for dial-up? I was told it operates on a different "frequency" so you cant use dial up to fax? Just a thought.

woodchip 22:03 24 Nov 05

As above Make sure in Internet Otions Control Panel connections is not set to never Dial a Connection

woodchip 22:05 24 Nov 05

PS Fax Software should handle it from that

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…