Faxing with broadband

Ops 21:13 22 Jun 04

Does anybody know if I can fax with broadband

LastChip 21:44 22 Jun 04

click here and read the FE's post and my own for an explanation.

gabriella 21:45 22 Jun 04

Good question - I am having exactly the same problem and I can't work out what's wrong.

Everything else seems hunky dory...... I have set up a thread on PC Review with the same queston - keep your eye on that as well as this site and let's see what people suggest.

Kind regards

Gabriella x

gabriella 21:52 22 Jun 04

I have just read the previous thread referred to by Lastchip (above my last post) - no offence but I can't make head nor tail of this....... I can see that it is possible but what I (and perhaps others need here) is some plain English no nonsense information.

Very simple, clear answers please.....

Gabriella xx

end 21:59 22 Jun 04

is this of mine of any help or......click here.....

end 22:01 22 Jun 04

(ooops!!!!!!) should have read the thread "properly".......( I still havent tried it yet though!!!!!!!!!)

beeuuem 22:05 22 Jun 04

To connect to a distant fax machine you have to be able to dial the telephone number of the fax line.
On Broadband you can't dial telephone numbers so you can't send a fax.
To send a fax directly from your PC you need to connect to the telephone network using a standard dial-up modem.

LastChip 00:24 23 Jun 04

But I don't know how to make it any plainer!

Your ADSL modem plugs into one side of your filter and the analog (ordinary) modem plugs into the other. As the plugs are different sizes, it's difficult to get it wrong!

When you send a FAX, you send it via your ANALOG modem. (as presumably you have done in the past).

Whether you are connected to broadband at that point in time is irrelevant, as it is the "normal" part of the telephone line that sends the FAX.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…